- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread walnuts on baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and chop coarsely; set aside.
- Lightly brush three baking sheets with oil or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix both flours, baking powder, cardamom and salt; set aside.
- In food processor, combine maple syrup, cocoa, oil, soy milk, vanilla and flaxseeds and process until well blended.
- Add maple mixture to flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.