- prepared graham cracker crust
- 6 medium Apples (any cooking or all-purpose variety), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup Raisins
- 2 Tbs. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk, vanilla-flavored rice milk or vanilla-flavored soy milk
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- Bake crust according to package directions; set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine Apples and apple juice.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until Apples are tender but not mushy, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Raisins, then gradually sprinkle in flour, stirring well.
- Slowly stir in almond milk, then stir in brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- Cook uncovered, stirring often, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, pour Apple mixture into cooled crust and pat in place.
- Dust with ginger and cinnamon, cut into wedges and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.